3.28.2007

Work

Work is killing me. I was alone in the lumber department after 4:00 this afternoon. Worked until 11:15 trying to get the department back into shape. I will never understand why most shoppers believe that someone in the store should clean up their messes. I can't remember ever tearing up the merchandise and leaving things all over the store in the wrong places. And some that come into my store are rude about it.

Anyway, looks like I will have a shot at a team leadership position real soon. I've only been there just short of 18 weeks. 124 days to be exact. 4 months, 2 short of the requirement, but the HR person told me we could use work experience from my former jobs. So I am going to shoot for it.

Had my "90 day" review yesterday and the managment team seem very pleased with my work ethic and had high praise for me. Too bad the county school was run by such morons. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Dirty, putrid water.

I get excited every time I think about these two granddaughters. Lesa is such a sweetheart and Chad has grown up so much since meeting her. I think they will make great parents. And Jill bringing in a baby that will have love and opportunities that she might not have received at home in Addis Abada makes me proud and excited as well.

When Randy and Deborah began their process to adopt Kaili from China I was excited for them, as well. I had to watch from the sidelines but I wanted to be a part of that process so much. Kaili is so beautiful and I know that Randy and Deborah will love her and make her life incredible.

I think it means so much when people will open their homes to children who are not their own and love them AS their own. I know we loved Ruth Ann and Jamie, my adopted Korean sisters, just like they were blood kin.

Off work tomorrow, so I hope to get my wiring done in the study, lights installed, holes patched and maybe the rest of the wallpaper done. Have to work Thursday, but off again Friday. Might get the paint on and start the beadboard around the bottom. I'll endeavor to post pictures.

More later.

No comments: