3.13.2007

Exciting news

I grabbed this from an Email Jill sent all of us today. It is quite exciting to us. And particularly for me because I am going to Ethiopia with her!!

Jill wrote:
"Well, my application has been sent in and I should know within two weeks whether things are ready to go (preliminarily--it that a word?). Once I get approval, I get to start with my home study and gathering all my documents for immigration and visas, etc. (the great paper chase, they call it). After all my paperwork is complete, it will take about 2-6 months to get a referral (that's adoption-speak for "here's the kid we picked out for you"). And then another couple months to get ready to travel and then go and get the kid. All told I could have a child by the end of the year (not realistic--but a sliver of a possibility) but more likely it will be late next spring, early summer or fall (Ethiopian courts are closed from July to mid-Sept, so no adoptions can be finalized during that period). Of course, none of this can get off the ground until the agency gets their final set of signatures from the Ethiopian Ministry of Justice (any day now!). But I can go ahead and start the paper chase before then."

Chad and Lesa will have their little girl in June, Jill will have her little girl sometime by next summer, hopefully. I guess we now wait on Todd and Diana. No pressure.

I will endeavor to keep you posted.

3 comments:

Paige Kite said...

I'm so excited for you all!

Gary Bryant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Parrish said...

Sorry, was logged in as the wrong user. Congratulations on being a granddad. How many kids get to say that their granddad is...Batman!?