Nothing much to blog about this evening, so this is short. I am very tired and ready for bed. I usually am wide awake after getting home, but not tonight.
We thought we finished the kitchen this morning with Todd’s help. But I failed to secure the drain hose from the dishwasher into the garbage disposal which resulted in a minor leak. I was running close to getting a late start on my drive to work so I left before fixing that. But after being at work a while Georgiann called to say we had water migrating through the basement ceiling above the rec room. She looked a bit and discovered a poor connection in the water line to the dishwasher. I somehow had failed to test my connections before sliding the dishwasher into place.
I don’t believe we will incur any damage, but it could have been very bad. Georgiann took it upon herself to keep investigating and finally pinpointed the source of the water. She knew where to shut the water off and I think she may have got it turned off in time. We’ll know in a couple of days.
Other than that we seemed to have done a pretty nice job and the kitchen looks much nicer. If we replace the kitchen table like she is thinking we will have a very bright and open kitchen.
Nothing more to say about today. I did drive to work at a constant 65 and back at a constant 60. I didn’t cancel cruise one time on the way home until I exited at my exit. Only cancelled it one time going to work to avoid running into a truck who was going slower than me. Don’t see that much. Tonight’s drive home was amazingly calm. Almost no traffic north or south bound and even had several trucks pass me so slowly they must have only been doing 61 or so. Didn’t think I’d ever see that again.
One week from Christmas eve. I saw on Facebook several friends talking about how terribly crowded the stores were today. I thought we were in a recession. I plan on getting all of my shopping done Monday morning. Only have 8 to buy for. I probably better get out $10 dollars just in case, though. Might not be able to stay within budget at $8.
Does it seem hypocritical for stores to play religious Christmas music but force their employees to say Happy Holidays? Maybe "Happy shopping for mostly junk from China at inflated prices days" would be more appropriate.




No comments:
Post a Comment