4.09.2009

Coming apart

It is 1:15 am, and I really need to be in bed. But a few notes before I go. A friend of mine told me that Vance Heavner once said "If we don't come apart, we will come apart." I used to have a pastor who seemed to need to "get away" a lot. I couldn't understand it at the time, and I'm not totally sure I do now, but I am beginning to see it in my own life. I need time "away" at times. Of course I am about 30 years older than he was at the time. But I have no idea what burdens and stress he was carrying. I know my physical stamina is not what it used to be. The past 8 days of 8+ hours days nearly killed me.

So, two weeks from right now I should be sleeping on Ocracoke in an attempt to recharge my physical and spiritual batteries. I am looking forward to "coming apart."

The rec room phase one is very close to being done. I got 2/3 of the baseboard up today, the DVD/cable box cabinet finished, the track lighting back up, and we moved some of the furniture back into place. I hope to finish the wires in the wall for the TV and it's input devices as well as the wireless router tomorrow as well as the baseboard. Need to put in one more receptacle inside the wall so all the power wires are hidden, and mount my cable splitter inside the wall.

I also need to mow tomorrow before going down to Chad and Lesa's to help him hid his cable in the wall. I am beginning to get pretty good at finding the insides of wall partitions from under the house and in the attic. I have run many cable and power circuits throughout this house using the interior walls as conduits. Makes for nice esthetics hiding wires.

Later dudes.

No comments: