5.06.2007

Progress in study

Sunday evening, May 6, 2007. It has now been one week since Frank gave up his battle with cancer. I have now lost both of the brother-in-laws I started with to cancer. Now, of course, I have bilb, brother-in-law Bill. Bill became my brother-in-law in 2003. At least Georgiann and I believe it was 2003. And Bill is certainly a fine brother-in-law. He doesn't take Jon's place, nor would he want to, but he is certainly a great addition to the family and a great assest. Especially in the way he has helped with mom Wilson's care and dad Wilson's corralling. Wanna buy a bike there Bill?

But today my thoughts have been on Yvonne and wondering how she is doing. I could have called. Just didn't feel led to. I will do that this week. I sure hope she forgives me for not being there.

I got the promotion I interviewed for at work. I am now the team leader for the electrical department. Nothing that marches are written for or national holidays declared for, but the first step in moving up. First of many, I hope. I will be in lumber for a while while new people are brought up to speed in lumber. Lots of training and education go into making a person a good cart retriever and board flat stacker, you know. Or maybe I'm just slow.

Cool weather here in the Shenandoah Valley today. Perfect for yard work. Which I did. I worked on trim for the study but didn't really work IN the study. But here are some pictures of the progress in the last week or so.

Having watched way too many tv crime shows, this looks a lot like a crime scene. Jill said I should have added a human chalk outline on the floor. Funny.








Wallpaper is all painted and the beadboard is going up.


Bookcases painted and anchored in placed. Crown molding going up. Progress. Or as Chad and Jill were fond of saying, making headway.

No comments: