2.22.2008

The ice is slippery

Well - Georgiann found out this morning skating is best left for ice rinks, not steps. She went down hard on our front step this morning, and pretty much shattered her left wrist. She called me at work and I came home and took her to the ER. We spent most of the morning in the ER then they took her right into surgery. The doctor put in 3 pins to stabilize the bones in the wrist and I brought her home after 4 pm.

She is nauseous and very tired now. Didn't eat dinner with us. So she isn't on top of her game this evening. She will be in a cast 6 to 8 weeks, and then the pins will either be cut off or pulled out.

Todd had surgery on one of his ankles early this morning and is home resting now. He will be on crutches at least a month. We are hoping he makes a full recovery for some bike rides this summer. I have been exploring via the Internet some interesting rides within 2 to 3 hours from here. One is a 27 miler over mostly abandoned railway line. Many states are doing that and I think it is a wonderful reuse of the old rail beds.

As far as I know everyone else is doing well. I believe I will have an interview in the next few days for a position at work I applied for. I am very happy where I am, but would like the challenge of moving up as well.

More when we have more. Cheers to all.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Please let both of them know that we're thinking of them and they're in our prayers. Here's hoping for a fast recovery for Georgiann.