On a more serious note, in spite of having three books sitting here to finish for the course I am working on, I have been researching three of the creeds that most Christian bodies refer to in their statements of faith. The Nicene Creed, formuated about AD381, the Definition of Chalcedon or Chalcedon Creed, agreed upon in AD451, and the Apostles Creed derived from the former two in AD750. It is intriguing to me that a creed organized over 1200 years ago remains the central fiber of our worship.
In spite of all of the yammering (technical term there) back and forth about daily sin or no sin, creation or evolution, escutology and dual or single natures of Christ we still gravitate to one short statement of faith. I find solace in that and a strength through longivity. That Christ remains central proves his existance.




No comments:
Post a Comment