Today is the first anniversary of Mom's passing. It was just about 10:00 pm, CDST that she breathed her last breath with me holding her, Yvonne, Phillip and Ruth Ann standing at her side. Peaceful, finally, she slipped from time to eternity. No longer would we see her smile or hear her voice, or have her shake her finger in our direction. Ruth Ellen Newberry Catlett, born March 13, 1928, had slip from her mortal restraints to take on immortality.
Today I worked an opening shift. Made my morning counts on 80# Quickcrete, 4X8 7/16" OSB, 4X8 1/2" drywall and 4X12 11/2" drywall. Checked all reports of out of stock items, then begin to put up freight. Pretty much an uneventful day.
Had dinner with Georgiann and Jill at Applebee's in Waynesboro, remembering on the way to meet them at Applebee's that I still had a Computer Repair class at 6:00 pm. Ate dinner in a hurry, rushed home for my briefcase and made it to class just in time.
I took some pictures yesterday and this evening that I'm going to post here.

This is our Bradford Pear just beginning to loose its blossoms. With temperatures dropping into the mid 20s the next several days, and a slight chance of snow, we will lose all of the blossoms.

This is a shot of our Magnolia tree in the back yard. Pretty blossoms, but doomed as well.

Wiring I am doing in the study.

Here are my fingers just after removing the wrap I am supposed to wear.
1 comment:
I have enjoyed catching up with you! You have a beautiful account of how your mother passed. Mom has a similar memory of her mother who was terminally ill with cancer. She described how peaceful it was when she took her final breath. I have heard other people speak of how their loved one died in front of them and, even though they were ill and death was imminent, the folks I know mentioned how scary and horrible it was. I hope I can have the honor of feeling the peace and calmness about it that you and Mom portrayed.
Post a Comment