It is early Sunday morning and I am up because, once again, I over ate. When I get off work late, all I want to do is eat and drink. Georgiann fixed salmon tonight using a new recipe she found on line. It involved cooking the salmon in aluminum foil with asparagus, Honey-Dijon and walnuts. I highly recommend it only not in the portions I had at such a late hour. I am going to give you the source for the recipe without permission. Easier to get forgiveness than permission sometimes. http://www.activeangler.com/. The recipe is called "Honey-Dijon Salmon."
Maybe cutting out the two large pieces of fresh cherry pie would help as well. Or the bowl of Wheaties just a few hours later. Whew. Way too much. Overload on the digestive system.
Today is my sister's birthday. I won't mention here in a public place that she is now 53 years old. I just wouldn't do that. I talked to her briefly last night about 9:15, 8:15 her time in Tulsa. Her husband of almost 34 years is in his last moments of a struggle with lung cancer. He never smoked but was a city fire fighter for 20 years. I think it was 20 years. I have not heard back in 5 hours now and I don't know if Frank is still with us or has crossed over into heaven. And heaven is where he will be I am sure. Not that we can ever know someone else's heart, but from all appearances he has certainly joined the heavenly throng.
So Frank may have gotten the ultimate gift of eternity with the Lord on his wife's birthday. I don't know right now.
Things are progressing with Jill's adoption. You can catch up on all that at jillsexp.blogspot.com . I don't know, Jill, that address does look a little risque' if you don't know the whole meaning. Our friends, Deborah and Randy, have been keeping their blog updated with pictures of Kaili at 5wheelin.blogspot.com. That blog goes back about a year and is a virtual time line of their entire adoption process. Which is what Jill is trying to emulate I believe.
What is so immediately clear to me as I sit here at my computer this next to last day of April 2007 is that lives are still coming into the world as other lives exit. And life goes on. The life cycle brings great joy and great sorrow depending on circumstances. We weep with those that are sad this morning, and rejoice with those that are happy.
God continues to be so good to all of us. It is only we that seem to recognize it or loose sight of that fact at times.
Pictures next time. Blessings.
4.29.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment