For many years I have been digging into the inconsistencies of what most Christian groups and fellowships call ordained or Holy Scripture. As long as I can remember which is about 55 or so years the most popular or most regarded version of scripture has been the King James Version. I have to speak only of what I know and so I can only speak mostly of the United States. I know many other countries and parts of countries also hold the King James Version in high esteem. And I am well aware of many groups within the United States that prefer other versions. But even other versions that are popular have close ties to or derive a lot from the King James Version.
My long quest to find out the validity and accuracy of the King James Version and associated translations did not begin because I saw contradictions within the writings themselves, but rather contradictions between how each of the translations were interpreted and what could be observed in nature around us.
As I began to learn more about the earth and our solar system I began to question the stories presented in the Bible as valid. Having looked into scientific data concerning geomorphology, astronomy, tectonics, light travel, atmospheric stabilization within our environment, aging processes in all living things, differences in species and within species, adaptability of living organisms to environmental influences and a host of other topics that piqued my interest I found many of them to be held hostage and inconsistent with current age theology.
In simple terms, I was being told of events and processes in my spiritual environment that were in stark opposition of what I was being told in my educational environment. On the spiritual side I was offered no supporting evidence or proofs and told I just needed to believe them because that is the way they had been written of in a single collection of stories.
In the educational environment I actually learned about events and processes as a result of the supporting evidence and scientific proofs presented. I was not encouraged to believe or disbelieve because proven events and processes are fact. They can not be dismissed as invalid. If they can be invalidated then they are not proven. But once proof is made, it can’t because of its very nature be invalid.
Since I have been on this quest to sort fact from fiction which began for me in the eighth grade at age 13, 49 years ago, I have questioned literally hundreds of men and women who are skilled and work in scientific, educational and or Christian ministry roles. I’ve been blessed by having known some very scholarly theologians as well as had some rich conversations with national leaders in the scientific community who are also devout Christians. The most trusted alliance I have made in my journey is a dear friend about a decade older than me who has exchanged information, conversation and study with me for many years. But trusted alliances seem to be few.
As a result of my ever increasing research, both in depth and volume, these nearly 50 years has brought me to a conclusion that I want to make public. You may ask, so who cares. Well, I know a very few who actually care, I also know of some who will be able to put a label on what they have seen as a very strange activity for a person for so long. And I also would love to share some of the things I have learned and to share some of the sources of the things I have learned.
I have come to the convinced position that the Bible in all of it’s translations in use in the Christian community today is flawed. Flawed and so much in error it presents a danger to seekers of truth. It presents invalid concepts, precepts and processes to minds that are not already informed enough to distinguish possibility, actuality and divine from fabrication, invention and man made concepts and reasoning.
While many parts of the Bible can be used for great good and sound guidance, believing the Bible in whole as written in current translations leads one on divergent paths to fact about natural phenomenon surrounding us. And in taking a position consistent with the Bible concerning natural phenomenon will continue to destroy and corrupt the planet and the environment beyond the natural ability for recovery.




No comments:
Post a Comment