

Chad did catch 11 or 12, while Todd caught 1. I was zero for the day. But like they say, a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. Too bad I had to work as well.
I opened today after closing last night. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. I have no idea why scheduling seems to be so difficult at my place of work. But I never hear anyone being happy with their schedules. Well, except one group that works M-F 5-2. I could stand a schedule like that as well. I normally only open after closing. I opened today, after closing yesterday, and will close again tomorrow. But then have two days off.
I put in my vacation requests for the rest of my vacation for the year. I am hoping on one of the short few days off to go fishing with the boys on Claytor Lake. We did that before and had a great time. They think they can only go late on a Thursday and come back on the next Sunday morning. I may go down on Tuesday afternoon if my schedule allows me and camp out a couple of nights before they get there. I love to camp. Just haven't done it enough since getting married. I wanted a space here between the last paragraph and this next one, but this piece of crap of a program won't allow me to insert one. So here is to run on writing. . . . . . . . . .Another one of the requests will be a few days biking somewhere flat within easy driving distance. Might be the eastern shore of MD or the colonial parkway. I’ll wait until the time gets closer to decide. The other short vacation I may work around the house.
My birthday is Wednesday. Yes, I will be 60. Growing up the ministry in the group my family was affiliated with had me convinced I’d never see much of adulthood. The world was coming to an end. Well, more correctly, “The LORD was returning.”
But barring getting hit this evening while walking or running off the road going to work or back tomorrow (a more likely scenario than you might imagine) I should make it to 60. My parents died in their 70s. So, with a little more care of myself than they took of themselves I might possibly have 20 more years. 10 years of pizza interspersed with 10 years of seafood. Now that is something to live for.




No comments:
Post a Comment