1.20.2009

Georgiann and I went to Williamsburg, Virginia over the weekend. We had a nice time and ate more than we should have. Well, I did at least. We spent a couple of hours on the original site of Jamestown, which celebrated it's 400th anniversary recently. I had wanted to get to that, but decided it would be pretty difficult. I understand there were people from all around the world there. We stopped in at the Jamestown glass blowing site and spent perhaps an hour conversing with the curator and watching them make beautiful glass ware by hand.

We went to Bruton Parish Church, which has been rebuilt on the original site, but has been in continuous use as a place of worship since colonial times, for a wonderful brass and organ concert. It was beautiful. Sunday we spent mostly in the restored area just soaking up the history and remembering some of our earlier trips. This was our only winter trip except the time we came before Christmas for the Gran Illumination at the Palace quite a number of years ago. We saw snow flakes in Williamsburg for the first time. First time for us. They have snow pretty regular there. We are normally there in the spring or summer.

The pictures are a hodge podge of things. Georgiann carried the Nikon digital and I was carrying the Canon digital. We tried to take similar pictures from similar vantage points so I can compare the two cameras. I know already each has their own advantages. I just want to know which camera is the clearest and sharpest shooting on full automatic. I can manipulate both, but I want to know what each camera's bias is.

Today was the last day of my 4 days off and I spent part of the day watching the inauguration of Obama. A very historic day to be sure. I enjoyed what I got to see.

































No comments: