12.14.2007

Black is the Cat

Here is Cassie in her alter ego. I have always wondered if Cassie was from the dark side, now I am convinced. She seems to be very anti-Christmas here, and the way she often runs around the floor batting at and tumbling with things that apparently only she can see, leads me to believe she is in communication with....the Dark side.
























On an entirely different note, I am considering trading my PIII for a Shuttle XPC system that supports an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 LGA 775 Dual-Core CPU. I would jam in 2GB of ram with a fast video as well with plenty of on board ram, and I think I am going to stick with XP Pro instead of, in the words of a friend of mine, Veeesta. Anyone out there have any knowledge of this system/CPU combination and want to warn me of any peculiarities?

I am planning on moving my wireless hub to my study so I can go wired to it from the Shuttle. I think some of the speed problems I am incurring now may be bandwidth limitations on the wireless part. And I really want a wireless Logitech trackman wheel. I absolutely have to have a track ball. Can't work in graphics without it.

Couple in a desktop firewire DVD burner and I'm all set. One day I'll upgrade this 15" FP to a 22" or 24." Then we'll be in high cotton. I hope that isn't a politically incorrect faux pax. I am sure the term dates back to slavery days. Cheers to all. Stay tuned for news of the Addis Ababa trip.

No comments: