It is called Griffin Tavern and you can see it here: http://www.griffintavern.com/. It is definitely British in ambiance, menu and style. It is a very old building which has been wonderfully restored and decorated to look like what I would imagine a late 18th century English tavern to look like. Food is excellent and reasonably priced. The service is top notch. The gardens are beautiful as well.
We got there, to this little village a fair drive from anything resembling metropolis, about 1:00 pm and the place was nearly full. Which I think speaks highly of the place.
We also stopped at a glass shop which featured some amazing glass art and sculpture. It was just outside of the entrance that I captured the pictures of butterflies. I had to use the auto setting on my camera because the butterflies were ignoring my pleas to sit still for longer than a second or two.
I hope you enjoy then as much as I enjoyed taking them.
Remember if you click on the pictures they enlarge. The middle one is particularly worth enlarging to see the colors of the flower beside the colors of the butterfly, and the detail of the butterfly itself.




No comments:
Post a Comment