My brother, Phillip, and I spent several hours together today just chatting and enjoying the opportunity. Phillip is pastoring in Tulsa and working full time for American Airlines, as well as taking care of a family, helping a daughter and son-in-law get settled into a home, and all of the other things that life throws at him. I am working for a company that believes they own you and you shouldn't want much less need vacation. So we won't get to see each other much in the next few years most likely. So we had lunch at a wonderful restaurant in a place you wouldn't believe would have such a place. It is called Griffin House and is located in Flint Hill, VA, about 11 miles from Sperryville which is just down the mountain on Route 211 from the Skyline drive. A beautiful setting and a great, reasonably priced restaurant with great food. Just out of the way of most of America. You can check it out here: http://www.griffintavern.com/links.cfm.
This first picture is taken from the Skyline bridge at about mile marker 32 looking east along Virginia route 211. The rest were taken just south of Stanley Virginia on the south branch of the Shenandoah River. I was experimenting with the settings on my camera so some of them have different lighting. I don't always get the results I want using the automatic mode, and I am finding digital settings very different than my old manual Nikon. Enjoy.
7.03.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment